Accessibility is a key value, a strategic goal and good teaching practice at Carleton. Faculty and instructors have a critical role to play in creating equitable access to education for learners of all abilities. Come and let us show you what that looks like! Through a combination of mini-lectures, video, technical demonstrations, and small group activities, we’ll guide you through the basics of accessibility and inclusive design.
Some of the key topics you will learn about in this 2-hour session:
- Reviewing and discussing disability and accessibility
- Reviewing AODA requirements
- Creating accessible Microsoft Word documents by learning important steps when using Word
- Using Accessibility checkers and resolving accessibility issues
- Supporting students by linking them to key campus resources