Brightspace Basics: Getting Started in Carleton's New LMS! (Feb. 16)
From Kim Loenhart
- Tracy Hodgson-Drysdale (Ed Tech Development Coordinator)
- Kim Loenhart (Supervisor, LMS Transition Project)
Brightspace is a powerful digital system that supports teaching and learning, with lots of exciting features and tools. Come join us as we take you on a tour of the interface and all that Brightspace can do to engage your students! We’ll explore the basics of course setup tasks to help you feel more comfortable and confident building your courses. We’ll answer your questions and give you all you need to get started–whether you intend to use your cuLearn content or to start fresh.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Navigate Brightspace and setup your notifications
- Post a welcome announcement for your students or send a welcome email
- Add instructor contact information and customize your course homepage
- Add course resources, such as a course outline and external URL links
- Add learning activities, such as discussion forums/assignments/quizzes
- Add a TA or co-teacher
- Set up your gradebook and grade columns (depending on available time)
- Find additional resources, training and supports for Brightspace
We look for ward to showing you Carleton’s new learning environment!