Getting Started With Zoom
From Morgan Rooney
This session is intended for individuals who have limited experience with Zoom (beginners).
Zoom is a web conferencing platform that can be used for a variety of online-based meetings, presentations, events, and academic purposes (including teaching!).
These training sessions will focus on a tour of Zoom’s user interface and the basics of how to use Zoom’s in-meeting controls. We will walk participants through each tool step-by-step, including:
- Scheduling a Zoom session
- The difference between Host (instructor) and Participant (student) controls
- Different options for view settings
- Audio and Video settings, including muting/unmuting mic and camera
- In-meeting security tools
- Screen-sharing for PowerPoint presentations and other visual aids
- Using a variety of non-verbal feedback tools with your students
- How to start a Breakout room*
- How to run a Poll*
- Chat functions